Monday, October 23, 2017

Review: The Mouse and the Wizard: A Hindu Folktale

The Mouse and the Wizard: A Hindu Folktale The Mouse and the Wizard: A Hindu Folktale by Ann Malaspina
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thought this was a folktale that would good to share with students, especially since I don't think many of the students in my district are too familiar with Hindu folktales. The illustrations were black and white (almost looking like coloring pages). The story was told well; it would be easy for kids to get into the rhythm of the tale and say the wizards words with him. The information in the back of the book about the origin of the folktale was interesting. Overall, I think this would be a good addition for elementary librarians looking to add to their folktale collections.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment