Monday, November 4, 2013

Thanks giving...

So, I'm loving that daily thanks giving that goes on during the month of November on Facebook. I like reading about the things my friends and family are grateful each day. And, it hit me this afternoon... I've made a lot of fantastic finds over the years that either made my job as a librarian easier or more fun or gave me incredible insight on how to really make a library program rock. Librarians in the 21st century have a TON to be thankful for! So this month, I am going to strive to blog once a day and focus my posts on things in my library world.

This week I'm going to center my posts on places to find great book trailers. Book trailers are the most fabulous little creations. If you don't know what they are - think like a movie trailer or commercial, but for a book. There are tons of professionally made book trailers out there, and plenty of student or amateur trailers as well. Kids love them! And once they've seen a few.... it's not that hard to get them to take on the challenge of making one themselves. :)

So great place #1 to find book trailers is TeachingBooks.net. My county is blessed enough to have a license to this database so we get to enjoy all the fancy features - it is a goldmine! They do offer a 14 day free trial, though I warn you... once you get started using this resource you won't want to give it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment