Monday, March 6, 2017

Review: Hands Around the Library: Protecting Egypt’s Treasured Books

Hands Around the Library: Protecting Egypt’s Treasured Books Hands Around the Library: Protecting Egypt’s Treasured Books by Karen Leggett Abouraya
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This illustrations in this book are amazing collages. I really enjoyed looking closely at the details in the collage like all of the different materials that were used. I didn't know about this event in history, but I'm glad I learned about it through this book. I love the fact that thousands of Egypt's students, library workers, and others gathered together to physically protect the library they loved. This book tells the story of eighteen days in 2011 where the people of Egypt took a stand for their beliefs and protected what they loved.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment