Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Review: If A Bus Could Talk: The Story of Rosa Parks

If A Bus Could Talk: The Story of Rosa Parks If A Bus Could Talk: The Story of Rosa Parks by Faith Ringgold
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There were some things that were just odd about this book- the talking bus w/no driver for starters. i was also not sure about a kid just getting on a strange bus to go to school, but I was willing to suspend reality in the hopes of a good story. What followed was a biography of Rosa Parks that was decent- nothing to knock your socks off. The ending brought me right back to odd though. Are the other passengers supposed to be ghosts? The whole birthday party with civil rights leaders just seemed too "out there". Then when Marcia gets off the bus saying she can't wait to tell everyone at school?!?!? The other kids are going to think she had a wild dream or something. I'm not sure this all worked quite the way the author intended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment