Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Review: Henry's Freedom Box: A True Story from the Underground Railroad

Henry's Freedom Box: A True Story from the Underground Railroad Henry's Freedom Box: A True Story from the Underground Railroad by Ellen Levine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've always loved this book. Kadir Nelson is one of the best illustrator's out there in my opinion. I think the book does a nice job of telling the story of a man escaping to freedom in a way that kids can understand. There's a ton of feeling in the art and so much to talk about. This would make a wonderful read aloud; I can already hear the buzz of children discussing the pages where you see Henry packed into the box... what would that feel like? How did he fit? Would you be able to travel that way?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment